Section 1 – What are Cookies
This site requires small data files called cookies and are sometimes placed on your devices. This is a general practice across websites.
Cookies are text files that are being downloaded and saved to your devices whenever you browse a website. This process enables your devices to remember your recent website activities such as logging into your accounts including remembering your website settings. This helps browsers tailor the data that you see on your devices.
Cookies are used to provide the content, product or any service that you have requested. Essential cookies help devices download the needed information enabling you to navigate around websites and enjoy the provided features. Without cookies, there will be issues around the information a user has requested from the website being accessed. An example of this is when you sign up to an account and a cookie is not enabled, you will have to re-login again every time you navigate to the next page.
Additional scenarios are listed below,
- Remembering the preference or settings that you have set during your browser activities like advertising preference or marketing preference.
- Any surveys you already have filled in will be asked again without cookie files
- Remembering if you have visited the website before
- Showing you only information that has relevance to the contents, products, or services that you have requested and received
- Cookies will also give you access to social media platforms that we use subsequently
- Showing only related articles relevant to the information you are looking at
For us to start capturing cookies, the following will be a deemed consent.
- Continuously accessing and navigating through our website, ignoring our banner alert about cookies
- Clicking “Accept” in the banner asking you to accept our cookie terms
- Closing the banner by clicking the “X” button
Section 4 – Data Retention